The Excellence in Advising Award is given to recognize outstanding service in the field of academic advising.
- Must have undergraduate academic advising responsibilities (faculty, staff, or graduate assistant)
- Current members of TennACADA Executive Committee are not eligible for consideration for this award. See a list of the Executive Board at http://tennacada.utk.edu/officers/.
The Selection Committee will evaluate nominations on the evidence of effective advising qualities and practices that distinguish the nominee as a champion. Such evidence may include, but is not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Demonstration of a caring attitude toward students
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Monitoring of student progress toward academic and life goals
- Mastery of institutional regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ability to engage in developmental advising (career and life planning)
- Behavior designed to build a strong relationship with students
- Availability to students and other advisors
- Frequency of contact with students
Nominations for the 2017 Excellence in Advising Award are being accepted through April 7, 2017. To submit a nomination click here.