The TennACADA Executive Board agrees with NACADA that good advising, like good teaching, publication, and research, needs to be recognized. In addition to the university wide Chancellor’s Honors award for advising, we recognize more of our colleagues within our advising community during our spring advising awards event. This allows us to celebrate the great work that we do, to increase the camaraderie among advisors, and to put forward more nominations of advisors on a regional and national level.
Six main awards given:
- Outstanding New Advisor Award
- Excellence in Advising Award
- Empowering Leadership in Administration Award
- Exceptional Faculty Mentor and Advisor Award
- Innovative Advising Award
- Advocate in Advising: Friend to the Community Award
Additionally, a few superlative awards will be recognized:
- Campus Collaborator
- Advising Mentor
- Most Energy During the Last Orientation
- Best Office Decor
- Best Student Success Story
- Best General Education Presenter
- Or create your own.
To submit a superlative nomination, click here.
All nominations for the 2017 TennACADA Awards are due April 7th, 2017.