The Empowering Leadership in Administration Award is given to recognize outstanding service in the field of academic advising administration.
- Individuals who may provide direct academic advising services but whose primary responsibility is as an administrator or director of an academic advising program
- Current members of TennACADA Executive Committee are not eligible for consideration for this award. See a list of the Executive Board at http://tennacada.utk.edu/officers/.
The Selection Committee will evaluate nominations on the evidence of qualities and practices that distinguish the nominee as an outstanding advising administrator. Such evidence may include, but is not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage in, promote, and support advising grounded in sound theory, research, and educational practice
- Participation in and support of advisor development programs
- Testimony by colleagues of nominee’s advising administration skills and/or performance
- Evidence of student success rate, by advisor or by department, within the purview of the advising administrator
- Evidence of departmental growth and development, including successful initiatives, implementations, or enhancements, brought forth under the direction of the advising administrator
- Evidence of successful collaboration with other academic or student support units on campus
- Caring, helpful attitude toward students, direct reports, and other campus colleagues
- Participation in larger campus or higher education initiatives related to the efficacy of academic advising
Nominations for the 2017 Empowering Leadership in Administration Award are being accepted through April 7, 2017. To submit a nomination click here.