The Innovative Advising Award is given to recognize advising efforts that document innovative and/or exemplary practices resulting in improvement of academic advising services.
- Any advisor(s) or advising center involved in extensive undergraduate academic advising
Evidence of advising innovation will include, but is not limited to, the qualities listed below.
- Innovation in advising processes, assessment, programs, communications with students
- Innovative Quality – Represents new approaches to effective academic advising. If it has been implemented elsewhere but is new to UTK, it is eligible
- Creativity – Demonstrates creative use of resources (human, fiscal, and physical) in the delivery of academic advising services
- Currency – Addresses current problems and issues in academic advising
- Institutional Commitment – Demonstrates commitment to advising throughout the institution
- Impact – Provides definitive evidence of positive student and/or institutional outcomes
Nominations for the 2017 Innovative Advising Award are being accepted through April 7, 2017. To submit a nomination click here.