The Advocate in Advising: Friend to the Community Award recognizes individuals who serve as support personnel to the academic advising community in roles other than a professional or faculty advisor.
- Any individual employed by the University of Tennessee, Knoxville and not serving as a professional, faculty, or graduate assistant academic advisor
- Demonstrates caring, helpful attitude toward students, faculty, and staff
- Respected by students and colleagues
- Helps students take responsibility for their own education
- Develops relationships with other individuals and departments on campus that help attend to the needs of students
- Displays strong understanding of institutions policies, procedures, and regulations
- Sees opportunities to be engaged with the academic advising community and stays up-to-date with changes in campus personnel and institutional policy
Nominations for the 2017 Advocate in Advising: Friend to the Community Award are being accepted through April 7, 2017. To submit a nomination click here.